in conjunction with SMTI presents an in-depth counselling training course on how to counsel mothers in crisis pregnancy.
This course is designed to equip believers in how to accurately and appropriately minister, using the Scriptures, to mothers who are struggling with an unplanned pregnancy or who have had an abortion.
1. To enrich and improve every student’s personal life and relationship with Christ.
2. To increase the students’ confidence in the Word of God by explaining that the Scriptures are adequate to address crisis pregnancy related problems.
3. To explain the process of heart-focused counselling.
4. To explain the inadequacies of the techniques and man-made theories of man-centred counselling.
5. To introduce the students to a counselling model which upholds the authority and sufficiency of Scripture.
6. To equip students to better define the problems encountered by the mother in a pro-abortion society.
7. To help every student understand the practical problems and procedures of abortion
8. To help students be more useful in their local churches who ministers in a pro-abortion world
1. Introduction to the Course
2. The Heart of the Problem
3. The Gospel is the Solution to the Problem
4. Man-Centred vs God-Centred Counselling
5. Biblical Problem Solving
6. Practical Application – Thoughts, Feelings and Idols
7. The Cultural Influences
8. The Church and Abortion
9. The Crisis Pregnancy Counsellor
10. Operational Laws and Procedures of a Crisis Pregnancy Centre
This course material presented at SMTI is from a Biblical Counselling perspective which has never before been presented in South Africa.
Suggested Pre-Course Reading Includes:
1. Alcorn, R (2004). Why Pro-Life?: Caring for the Unborn and their Mothers. Massachusetts: Hendrickson Publishers Marketing.
2. Platt, D. (2015). Modern Holocaust: The Gospel and Abortion. In: -Counter Culture: A Compassionate Call to Counter Culture in a World of Poverty, Same-Sex Marriage, Racism, Sex Slavery, Immigration, Abortion, Persecution, Orphans, and Pornography. Illinois: Tyndale House Publishers. Chapter 3.
Fridays 17:00- 20:00
Saturdays 8:00- 16:00
Course manual included
- Friday- Light Supper
- Saturday- Lunch and light refreshments
Lynnwood Baptist Church.
52 Jacobson Drive,
For More Information Please Contact:
Tel: (+27) 12 361 4559
Muphamuzi Baby Home. Contact: Britt Suitt 084 669 7062
Bethany Pregnancy Crisis Care Centre (BPC3 ). Contact: Lizelle Jonker 083 728 9591
To register please complete the following form: